I have been so inspired lately by photography. Well….actually, not lately but constantly. I LOVE a good picture and love taking pictures. They’re not always perfect or even good but at least I’m trying! We currently have a little Kodak 4.0 megapixel easyshare digital camera and also a Nikon N65 for film. I also have my mom and dad’s old Canon AE-1 Program camera that is so fun to use! You actually have to flip the little lever thingy (I’m sure it has a more "proper" name than that) to advance the film….makes you feel like a real photographer when you do that…and it has a great shutter "click" that I love.
Since we’re going to Hawaii in September (insert angel chorus voices here) I’ve been a bit concerned about our camera situation though. I love all of our cameras and use them pretty much on a daily basis but don’t know that I’m willing to take any of them on such an important trip. We’re going to be taking a LOT of pictures, man! I don’t think I want to lug 400 rolls of film to Hawaii (or have to buy them there) and then worry about moisture and x-rays in the airport and all the other things that could go wrong. I also am not sure that our little digi will do a great job since it’s gone through the ringer in the last year (including a brand new scratch on its little lens). So……
I’m trying to talk Russell into springing for this baby:
Now, for justification purposes, this is why I think our trip to Hawaii requires this camera!
- No film to lug or carry around
- No worrying about xrays harming the film
- We already have the lenses!
- We can see what we got when we take the picture and not worry that that one shot of the sunset over the ocean with the volcano in the background and the palm trees shining in the moonlight with hula dancers and surfers having a party amidst the beautiful flora and fauna of the jungle rainforest and the bonfire on the beach didn’t turn out like we wanted
- I want it
- Did I mention NO FILM to carry around and accidentally drop down into the fire-y pits of the volcano?
So….we’ll see! 😉
Happy Wednesday everyone! 🙂