In my hiatus from the blogging world this past couple of weeks, I forgot that my friend Elizabeth (or just plain "E") had tagged me to do a list of five idiosyncracies (did I get that spelling right?) about me! 🙂
So….here they are:
- I visit the baby panda site everyday. Sometimes several times a day. I just think it’s happy news in a time of not-so-happy news. Something that is small and little and cute and fuzzy and rare. He will not be named until he is 100 days old, according to Chinese tradition.
- I vacuum my house (at least my living room and hallways) everyday. We have white carpet throughout the entire house and with two (well, three if you count Russell!) little boys and an big inside/outside dog, things can get pretty gross pretty fast. My dream is hardwood! (still a lot of cleaning but at least not spot cleaning of carpet! Yuck!)
- I color-coordinate all of my clothing. All of the white shirts together….the green shirts…the blue shirts….you get the picture. I don’t know why I do this….one more attempt at organizing my otherwise messy life! 🙂
- So far, (at least number 2 and 3) make me seem obsessive compulsive. But that’s what is so funny about those and so….idiosyncratic??? (is that a word?) I’m not at all. I am the baby of the family, the one who shoves things under the beds and forgets about them, the one who can throw clothes here and there and not think a thing about it. I think when Russell and I lived in Boston for two years in the tiniest apartment known to man, I was *forced* to be organized for fear of drowning in that little walk-up. *shrug* (Does this number 4 even count? Or is this just an explanation?? )
- I don’t like to wear gloves when I garden. I really like to feel the dirt under my fingernails and in between my fingers. Whenever I’m weeding my flowerbeds, I don’t feel like I can get at all of the weeds if I can’t feel them….
So there are my five. Not very exciting, huh?!
Got some cute pictures of Benjamin today….will share later.