I've been wanting to share these with you for a long while. This session was at Carrie's beautiful home….a place of warmth, light and comfort. Homes are probably my favorite place to shoot, although the least likely location a client chooses as they tend to fret about dirty laundry and dust on the coffee table. (or toys everywhere and oatmeal stuck to the kitchen table…oh wait, that's just my house. :b). I'm in the same boat as I even feel badly about my dirty carpet when the carpet cleaning guys come over. *sigh*
So….in order to make your day a perfect one, here are some fun tips from me to you:
- Laundry can be stuffed in closets.
- Or back into the washer/dryer.
- Don't bother making your bed. Most likely you'll be getting in it (on it) so it's a waste of your time.
- And while you're NOT making your bed, DON'T mow your lawn. I lurve long tall grass..it's soft and delicious in photos and fun to "nestle" in.
- Dandelions even look pretty so put away the Round-Up.
- Kids feel comfy in their homes/places they hang out….have their favorite clothes on and toys out. I will use any and everything to get them to <heart> me.
- Make sure your kids ears are clean and your nails are either freshly painted or clean as a whistle.
- Do not use spray tanner/lotion. As another photographer friend of mine said (see Courtney's site here), "you will look like an orange oopma-loompa."
- Be ready for me to move your furniture in and around your home. Go with me.
- Wear simple makeup – think less is more.
- Clean your husbands ears. (haha couldn't resist)
- Think "coordinating" when considering your clothing….not "matching."
- Don't stress about the kids. Let me take care of them and you.